Articles | Volume 5, issue 3
© Author(s) 2017. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Lateral vegetation growth rates exert control on coastal foredune
hummockiness and coalescing time
Total article views: 2,385 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 19 Jan 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 19 Jan 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,385 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,254 with geography defined and 131 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,720 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,610 with geography defined and 110 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 665 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 644 with geography defined and 21 with unknown origin.
27 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Post-storm geomorphic recovery and resilience of a prograding coastal dune system J. Bullard et al. 10.1088/2515-7620/ab0258
- The relative role of constructive and destructive processes in dune evolution on Cape Lookout National Seashore, North Carolina, USA P. Hovenga et al. 10.1002/esp.5210
- The influence of groundwater depth on coastal dune development at sand flats close to inlets F. Silva et al. 10.1007/s10236-018-1162-8
- Elucidating Coastal Foredune Ecomorphodynamics in the U.S. Pacific Northwest via Bayesian Networks R. Biel et al. 10.1029/2018JF004758
- Converging Effects of Shrubs on Shadow Dune Formation and Sand Trapping Y. Yang et al. 10.1029/2018JF004695
- Simulating dune evolution on managed coastlines: Exploring management options with the Coastal Recovery from Storms Tool (CReST) P. Ruggiero et al. 10.34237/1008724
- Microscale and Mesoscale Aeolian Processes of Sandy Coastal Foredunes from Background to Extreme Conditions B. Charbonneau & S. Dohner 10.3390/rs13214488
- Interaction of seed dispersal and environmental filtering affects woody encroachment patterns in coastal grassland N. Woods et al. 10.1002/ecs2.2818
- A Lévy expansion strategy optimizes early dune building by beach grasses V. Reijers et al. 10.1038/s41467-019-10699-8
- The Role of Vegetation in Incipient Dune and Foredune Development and Morphology: A Review M. McGuirk et al. 10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-21-00021.1
- Species-Specific Functional Morphology of Four US Atlantic Coast Dune Grasses: Biogeographic Implications for Dune Shape and Coastal Protection S. Hacker et al. 10.3390/d11050082
- Exploring the Impacts of Shrub‐Overwash Feedbacks in Coastal Barrier Systems With an Ecological‐Morphological Model I. Reeves et al. 10.1029/2021JF006397
- How bottom-up and top-down controls shape dune topographic variability along the U.S. Virginia barrier island coast and the inference of dune dynamical properties J. Stallins et al. 10.1007/s11852-020-00747-7
- Exploring Marine and Aeolian Controls on Coastal Foredune Growth Using a Coupled Numerical Model N. Cohn et al. 10.3390/jmse7010013
- A decade of expansion of the invasive plant Carex kobomugi in a coastal foredune system B. Charbonneau et al. 10.1007/s10530-020-02240-6
- On the Relation between Beach-Dune Dynamics and Shoal Attachment Processes: A Case Study in Terschelling (NL) F. Galiforni-Silva et al. 10.3390/jmse8070541
- Literature-based latitudinal distribution and possible range shifts of two US east coast dune grass species (Uniola paniculataandAmmophila breviligulata) E. Goldstein et al. 10.7717/peerj.4932
- Interdependence of geomorphic and ecologic resilience properties in a geographic context J. Anthony Stallins & D. Corenblit 10.1016/j.geomorph.2017.09.012
- Scale-dependent behavior of the foredune: Implications for barrier island response to storms and sea-level rise C. Houser et al. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2017.12.011
- Defining Coastal Resilience G. Masselink & E. Lazarus 10.3390/w11122587
- Directional dependency and coastal framework geology: implications for barrier island resilience P. Wernette et al. 10.5194/esurf-6-1139-2018
- Investigating dune‐building feedback at the plant level: Insights from a multispecies field experiment E. Mullins et al. 10.1002/esp.4607
- Patterns of early-colonising species on eroding to prograding coasts; implications for foredune plant communities on retreating coastlines T. Konlechner et al. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2018.11.013
- Climate as a control on foredune mode in Southern Australia L. García-Romero et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.133768
- Insights into barrier-island stability derived from transgressive/regressive state changes of Parramore Island, Virginia J. Raff et al. 10.1016/j.margeo.2018.04.007
- Dynamic allometry in coastal overwash morphology E. Lazarus et al. 10.5194/esurf-8-37-2020
- Topography and disturbance influence trait‐based composition and productivity of adjacent habitats in a coastal system J. Brown & J. Zinnert 10.1002/ecs2.3139
Discussed (final revised paper)
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 31 Mar 2023